‘Clore6: Cobseo’ is a leadership development programme for the military Services charities sector. It was designed in partnership with Cobseo, The Confederation of Service Charities, and Forces in Mind Trust (FiMT), who are providing the programme’s core funding.
Applications to this six-month programme are now open, and the deadline is 20 July 2017. Please visit here to apply to the programme.
Who is ‘Clore6: Cobseo’ for?
‘Clore6: Cobseo’ is aimed at emerging leaders in the Service charities sector. It seeks to develop a cadre of leaders to provide robust and effective leadership for their organisations and sector.
What and how will I learn on ‘Clore6: Cobseo’?
‘Clore6: Cobseo’ is designed around our Social Leaders’ Capabilities Framework which outlines the attributes, behaviours and skills emerging leaders need to become successful social leaders.
Participants will gain fluency in these leadership capabilities by:
- Taking part in a 360 degree review - this will provide you with a full overview of your strengths and potential as a leader;
- Developing an individualised leadership development plan to put into immediate action;
- Undertaking two 2.5 day residentials including sessions on self-awareness, growing personal resilience, working on team challenges and hearing from leadership experts;
- Becoming a Fellow and part of a close-knit peer network upon successful completion of the programme;
- Completing a team challenge based in the context of the Services charities subsector, to develop a tangible solution or resource for the sector and its leaders;
- Undertaking individual coaching, engaging in Action Learning Sets and completing a placement short secondment.
This will result in:
- Increased self-awareness, insight into your strengths and areas for development;
- Increased resilience and a set of tools and models that help you become a more agile leader;
- A deeper understanding of how you work with and through others, and how others perceive your ability as a leader;
- A lasting peer network of social sector leaders who provide support and new perspectives;
- Growth of Social Leaders’ Capabilities and improved personal effectiveness, which translates into tangible results for you and your organisation;
- Tools and techniques to take back to your own organisation to grow other leaders, improving leadership across your organisation.
Who can apply?
- Senior leaders from Services charities are being invited to nominate their brightest emerging leaders;
- Applicants from charities and organisations who are working to promote the welfare and general interests of the Services community are also invited to apply;
- All ‘Clore6: Cobseo’ participants must have a minimum 3 years' experience in the Services charities sector, which must include experience of leading other people in the organisation;
- Applicants must have a deep commitment to social change, and to bring leadership back into their organisation, the Services charities sector and their work;
- Applicants must demonstrate commitment of the Clore Social Leadership values: courage, passion, diversity, focus and respect, through their work.
How much does it cost?
- Clore6: Cobseo is funded by our partners Cobseo and Forces in Mind Trust, so this programme is heavily subsidised with thanks to their generosity.
- We are asking each participating organisation to make a contribution towards the running costs of the programme.
- This contribution will be £1,000 for all organisations with an annual income of up to £1m, and £2,000 for all organisations with an annual income of more than £1m. All participating organisations will be invoiced (and will be expected to pay) prior to the programme commencing.
- A hardship fund may be available to organisations with an annual income under £250,000.
How do I apply to ‘Clore6: Cobseo’?
Applicants will need to be supported by a written nomination from their Chief Executive, Chair or line manager, but it can also be from another professional referee.
We will announce the ‘Clore6: Cobseo’ participants in September 2017 in time to start the programme soon afterwards.
You can download the 'Clore6: Cobseo' programme prospectus here.
Please call 020 7812 3772 if you have any questions about our Clore6 programmes.
Join the conversation on Twitter using our hashtag #Clore6.