Are you leading a project, team or department in the social sector? Are you envisioning a change of role, preparing for a promotion, or seeking to enhance your leadership capability? Do you have between 3-6 years of experience and want to prepare yourself for the next challenge and increase your impact?
Our Emerging Leader Clore6: Open Programme is an intensive six-month leadership development programme for emerging leaders across the social sector. Watch this video to hear our Director of Programmes and Leadership Innovations, Louise Drake, explain how this programme will expand your leadership capacity and skills.
Designed around our Social Leaders’ Capabilities Framework which outlines the attributes, behaviours and skills required to become successful social leaders, the programme is aimed at ambitious and committed leaders who want to expand their leadership capabilities and make a real and lasting difference within the sector.
With extensive face-to-face learning, including individual coaching, a personalised 360 review and two residentials, the programme focuses on personal self-development and provides a host of opportunities to build strong networks with participants from across the sector.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants are awarded the Clore Social Fellowship and are encouraged to play an active role in our Leader’s community.
Who the programme is for
- Individuals working within the charity and social enterprise sectors or within social purpose organisations
- 3-6 years leadership experience (for those with 6+ years' experience, see our Experienced Leader Programme)
- If you are seeking to enhance your leadership capabilities, improving your understanding of your strengths and areas for development
- If you are preparing for a promotion within your existing organisation
- If you are envisioning a change of role
- 360 degree leadership capability review – providing you with a full overview of your strengths and potential as a leader
- Individualised leadership development plan to put into immediate action
- Two x 2.5 day residentials which give the opportunity to build connections across the sector as well as sessions delivered by world class experts focused on self-awareness, growing personal resilience and working more effectively with others.
- Team challenge based in the context of the social sector and current trends, to develop a tangible solution or resource for the sector and its leaders, whilst also providing a safe place to practice your new leadership capabilities.
- Individual coaching, engaging in Action Learning Sets and completing a short placement
- A maximum of 24 participants per cohort
- Clore Social Fellowship Award upon completion, with opportunity to become part of a close-knit peer community
- Increased self-awareness, insight into your strengths and areas for development
- Increased resilience and a set of tools and models that help you become a more agile leader
- A deeper understanding of how you work with and through others, and how others perceive your ability as a leader
- A lasting peer network of social sector leaders who provide support and new perspectives
- Growth of Social Leaders’ Capabilities and improved personal effectiveness, which translates into tangible results for you and your organisation
- Tools and techniques to take back to your own organisation to grow other leaders, improving leadership across your organisation.
We will run 3 cohorts of our Emerging Leader Programme during 2018. The programme duration is 6 months with a total time commitment of 20-22 days. This equates to 2.5-3 days per month with the option to undertake much of the programme learning outside working hours.
We also offer bespoke Clore6 Emerging Leader programmes with tailored content for individuals working within the same sector or area of interest. You can find out more about these programmes below:
The full cost of the programme is £6,000 (inc VAT).
Find out more & apply
For full details of our Emerging Leader programme, including a programme prospectus, please register your interest.
To apply now for the February 2018 programme, please visit our application portal.
- Applications to our February 2018 programme have now closed.
- You can register your interest for our June or October 2018 programmes here.
FIND OUT MORE