Are you leading a project, team or department in the youth sector? Our Emerging Leader Clore6: Youth Programme has been developed in collaboration with a group of youth sector charities and is an intensive six-month leadership development programme for emerging leaders from the sector.
Designed around our Social Leaders’ Capabilities Framework which outlines the attributes, behaviours and skills required to become successful social leaders, the programme is aimed at ambitious and committed youth sector leaders who want to expand their leadership capabilities and make a real and lasting difference.
With extensive face-to-face learning, including individual coaching, a personalised 360 review and two residentials, the programme focuses on personal self-development and provides a host of opportunities to build strong networks, with participants drawn from organisations from across the youth sector.
Our first-ever Emerging Leader Clore6: Youth programme came to a close in March 2017, with 22 Fellows from 22 youth sector charities successfully completing the programme. You can read about their celebration and team challenges here.
Who the programme is for
- Emerging leaders in the youth sector charities and youth organisations who are committed to social change
- 3-6 years leadership experience
- If you are seeking to enhance your leadership capabilities, improving your understanding of your strengths and areas for development
- If you are preparing for a promotion within your existing organisation
- 360 degree leadership capability review – providing you with a full overview of your strengths and potential as a leader
- Individualised leadership development plan to put into immediate action
- Two x 2.5 day residentials which give the opportunity to build connections across the sector as well as sessions delivered by world class experts focused on self-awareness, growing personal resilience and working more effectively with others.
- Team challenge based in the context of the social sector and current trends, to develop a tangible solution or resource for the sector and its leaders, whilst also providing a safe place to practice your new leadership capabilities.
- Individual coaching, engaging in Action Learning Sets and completing a short placement
- A maximum of 24 participants per cohort
- Clore Social Fellowship Award upon completion, with opportunity to become part of a close-knit peer community
- Increased self-awareness, insight into your strengths and areas for development
- Increased resilience and a set of tools and models that help you become a more agile leader
- A deeper understanding of how you work with and through others, and how others perceive your ability as a leader
- A lasting peer network of yourh sector leaders who provide support and new perspectives
- Growth of Social Leaders’ Capabilities and improved personal effectiveness, which translates into tangible results for you and your organisation
- Tools and techniques to take back to your own organisation to grow other leaders, improving leadership across your organisation.
- Find out what the benefits of the programme are from a participant’s point of view and also their manager’s by reading this blog from our 2017 cohort.
Who can apply
- All participants must have a minimum 3 years' experience in the youth sector, which must include experience of leading other people in the organisation
- Applicants from charities and organisations committed to social change who are working to promote the welfare and general interests of younger adults and children are also invited to apply
- Applicants must have a deep commitment to social change, and to bring leadership back into their organisation, their specific youth subsector and their work
- Senior leaders from youth sector charities are invited to nominate their brightest emerging leaders
Applications to our 2018 Emerging Leader Youth Programme have closed. Sign up to our newsletter for updates about future start dates.
The programme duration is 6 months with a total time commitment of 20-22 days. This equates to 2.5-3 days per month with the option to undertake much of the programme learning outside working hours.
We are currently inviting charities, funders or organisations dedicated to supporting the development in the youth sector to collaborate with us on future Clore6: Youth programme so that we can offer it as a subsidised leadership programme.
We will ask each participating organisation who is nominating a participant to make a contribution towards the running costs of the programme. This contribution will be £1,000 for all organisations with an annual income of up to £1m, and £2,000 for all organisations with an annual income of more than £1m.
Find out more & apply
Applications to our 2018 Clore6: Youth Programme have closed. Sign up to our newsletter for news about future programme dates.