Are you a committed, senior leader with multiple responsibilities? Does your role require you to drive change and inspire high performance whilst handling complex relationships? Do you aspire to truly empower others? Do you wish you had more time to develop your own leadership skills with a group of peers who will support and challenge you in equal measure?
Clore Social’s Experienced Leader Programme is a curated twelve-month leadership journey aimed at those with 6-10 years’ experience as a social sector leader who want to expand upon their existing leadership skills and capabilities and participate in sector wide leadership. Our Director of Programmes and Leadership Innovation, Louise Drake, outlines the programme and what you will learn in this short video.
The changing role and expectations of leadership in the social sector needs leaders who are confident, empowered and resilient leaders and possess the skills, capabilities and drive to change and deliver greater impact by acting as champions for the sector. The Experienced Leader Programme draws on all aspects of our Social Leader’s Capabilities Framework to develop inspirational, empowering, courageous, focused, passionate and generous leadership capabilities.
Designed around the needs of those with existing commitments, the programme utilises a blended approach to learning, with time for reflection and ‘real world’ leadership learning through applied learning and challenge. The programme also provides access to world-class leadership experts and opportunities to build connections with leaders from across the sector and the UK.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants are awarded the Clore Social Leadership Fellowship and are actively encouraged to play an active role in our Social Leader’s Community.
Who the programme is for
- Experienced social sector leaders with 6-10 years’ experience (for those with 3-6 years' experience, see our Emerging Leader Clore 6 Programme)
- Leading a team or department within a mid-large scale organisation or those leading a small organisation
- Possess the drive to create organisational and sector wide change
- Committed to learning and personal development
- Self-directed motivated learners who can commit to learning online in their own time, as well as commit to online group learning
- Seeking to become more effective in current leadership role
- A maximum of 30 participants per cohort
- Clore Social Fellowship Award upon completion, with opportunity to become part of a close-knit peer network
- 1 day learning event
- Online coaching (individual coach and peer coach)
- Online Action Learning
- Online learning and webinars
- ‘Real world’ team challenge
- ‘Real world’ organisational challenge
- Online learning modules
- Increased self-awareness, using diagnostics and peer insight into your strengths and areas for development
- Increased resilience and a set of tools and models that help you become a more agile leader
- A deeper understanding of how you work with and through others, and how others perceive your ability as a leader
- A lasting peer network of social sector leaders who provide support and new perspectives. They will also challenge you to stretch your learning and help you develop and enhance your leadership behaviour
- Tangible behaviour leadership behaviour change
- Growth of Social Leaders’ Capabilities and improved personal effectiveness, which translates into tangible results for you and your organisation
- Tools and techniques to take back to your own organisation to grow other leaders, improving leadership across your organisation.
Our next Experienced Leader programme will commence in February 2018.
The programme duration is 12 months with a total time commitment of approximately 44 days, with the programme designed to fit around your existing leadership commitments, providing you with the tools, techniques and network to enhance your leadership capability.
The full cost of the Experienced Leader Programme is £3,500 (inc VAT). Thanks to the generous support from the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, Garfield Weston Foundation and the Forces in Mind Trust, we have been able to offer a number of free and heavily discounted places in 2018. Please see below for full details:
· Applicants from charities with an annual turnover of £2million+
· Applicants from charities with an annual turnover of under £2million
· Independent applicants
· Applicants from Women & Girls Sector Charities
· Applicants working for charities based in the North East region of England
· Applicants working for charities in Military Services Sector
*Our subsidised reduced rate of £1,500 is offered thanks to the support of our funders
**Limited places available. Please contact us for further detail
Find out more & apply
For full details of our upcoming Experienced Leader programme, including a programme prospectus, please register your interest.
To apply now for the February 2018 programme, please visit our application portal.
- Mid-September onwards: Register your interest
- 17 October: Application portal opens - APPLY NOW
- 27 November: Application portal closes (deadline for all applicants)
- 18 December: Applicants notified of decision and letters of acceptance issued
- February 2018: Experienced Leader programme commences