Forces in Mind Trust aims to promote the successful transition of Armed Forces personnel, and their families, into civilian life. They fund specialist Fellowships for the programme.
Their vision is to be recognised as a credible, independent and influential authority on transition, and agile and effective in how they award grants and commission research.
Their values are:
- Collaborative, not competitive
- Empathetic with the Armed Forces
- Evidence driven, and evidence seeking
- Approachable, straightforward and efficient
- Intelligently bold, and boldly innovative
They will commission research and award grants to support projects that increase the understanding of transition, including related mental health and well-being issues. They will use this knowledge to advocate change and so improve the likelihood of successful transition.
Their priority is to focus on those most vulnerable to failure.