Applications have now closed for the 2018 cohort, however we are planning to run a second iteration of the programme in 2019. You can register your interest here.
Are you a committed senior leader with multiple responsibilities in the Women and Girls sector? Are you keen to enhance your ability to lead with skill, while empowering, inspiring, and supporting women around you? Does your role require you to drive change and inspire high performance whilst handling complex relationships?
Our Senior Leader Women and Girls Sector Programme is a curated 4-months leadership journey aimed at those with 6-10 years’ experience as a leader in the Women and Girls sector, who are keen to expand their leadership capabilities and participate in sector wide leadership.
Overcoming the challenges and barriers facing the Women and Girls sector necessistates social leaders who are confident, empowered, resilient, and possess the skills, capabilities, and drive to continue combatting the issues stemming from gender inequality and injustice. Our Senior Leader Programme draws on all aspects of our Social Leader’s Capabilities Framework to develop inspirational, empowering, focused, and generous leadership capabilities, which can contribute to building a powerful women's movement.
Designed around the needs of those with existing commitments, the programme utilises a blended approach to learning, with time for reflection and the ability to apply the learned pproaches in practice. The programme additionally provides access to world-class leadership experts and opportunities to build connections with leaders from across the sector and the UK.
Upon successful completion of the programme, participants are awarded the Clore Social Leadership Fellowship and are genuinely encouraged to play an active role in our Social Leader’s community.
This programme has been made possible due to the generous support of Comic Relief, Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, The Pilgrim Trust, and Rosa, The UK Fund for Women and Girls. Please visit our Support Us page for more information.
Who the programme is for
- Individuals working within the Women and Girls sector or working in organisations run by, for, and with women and girls
- Individuals who have 6 or more years experience within the sector, with senior level experience. This can include experience as a volunteer and does not need to be 6 years of consecutive experience. (for those with 3-6 years' experience, see our Emerging Leader Women and Girls Sector programme)
- The organisation they work for must be a social purpose, not for profit organisation. This includes charity, social enterprise and community groups.
- Those seeking to enhance their leadership capabilities, improving their understanding of their strengths and areas for development and build a network of other senior leaders in your sector.
- A maximum of 20 participants per cohort
- 1 day learning event
- Online coaching (individual coach and peer coach)
- Online Action Learning
- Online learning and webinars
- ‘Real world’ team challenge
- ‘Real world’ organisational challenge
- Online learning modules
- Increased self-awareness, using diagnostics and peer insight into your strengths and areas for development
- Increased resilience and a set of tools and models that help you become a more agile leader
- A deeper understanding of how you work with and through others, and how others perceive your ability as a leader
- A lasting peer network of social sector leaders who provide support and new perspectives. They will also challenge you to stretch your learning and help you develop and enhance your leadership behaviour
- Tangible behaviour leadership behaviour change
- Growth of Social Leaders’ Capabilities and improved personal effectiveness, which translates into tangible results for you and your organisation
- Tools and techniques to take back to your own organisation to grow other leaders, improving leadership across your organisation
Thanks to the generous support of funders including Comic Relief, Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, The Pilgrim Trust, and Rosa, The UK Fund for Women and Girls, we are able to offer this programme at a highly subsidised rate.
The cost of the programme will be £500 per participant for those working in organisations with an annual income of greater than £200,000.
For those with an annual income of under £200,000 a hardship fund has been created to cover participant fees and a contribution towards travel costs.
The programme will commence in September 2018. The total time commitment is expected to be approximately 9-10 days in total over a 4 month period. Some elements will require the participant to be released from their role for a small period of time. However, many of the interventions can be undertaken outside of working hours.
Applications are now open for the September - December 2018 programme.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 29th of May.